Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Exclusive Justice + Mercy + Forgiveness

Exclusive mercy + forgiveness. That is what I think when I read Psalm 51:

Have mercy on me, O God,
because of your unfailing love.
Because of your great compassion,
blot out the stain of my sins.
Wash me clean from my guilt.
Purify me from my sin...
Against you, and you alone, 
have I sinned;
I have done what is evil in your sight.
You will be proved right in what
you say,
and your judgement against me is just.
But you desire honesty from the heart,
teaching me wisdom even there.
Purify me from my sins, and I will 
be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow...
Don't keep looking at my sins.
Remove the stain of my guilt.
Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit within me.
Do not banish me from your presence,
and don't take your Holy Spirit
from me.
Restore to em the joy of your
salvation,
and make me willing to obey you...
Unseal my lips, O Lord,
that my  mouth may praise you.
You do not desire a sacrifice, or I 
would offer one.
You do not want a burnt offering.
The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
You will not reject a broken and
repentant heart, O God.

He is the One who shows mercy and unfailing love. He alone. He is the One is shows compassion and is able to blot out our sins. He is the One who is able to cleanse me from my guilt. He is the One who is able to purify me from my sin. He is the One that I have sinned against. He is the One who is just towards me. He is the One who, despite all my sin, desires to teach me wisdom in the deepest and most intimate places. He is the One who desires to purify me from my sin, washing me whiter than snow. He is the One who gives me joy. He is the One who no longer looks at my sin, removing the guilt as well. He is the One who creates a clean heart and a loyal spirit within me. He is the One who does not banish His presence from me. He is the One who restores the joy of the salvation in Him to me. He is the One who makes me willing to obey. He is the One who unseals my lips. He is the One who does not require offerings, but desires the only thing I can give - a broken, repentant heart and spirit.

He ALONE is the One. Exclusive: Forgiver. Justifier. Mercy giver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com